4. Week 2 – Patriots 40, Bills 32
What was fun to watch
- Brady throwing for 466 yards against the vaunted Rex Ryan defense, including 113 yards and a touchdown to Gronk, 98 to Lewis, 97 and a pair of scores to Edelman and 87 to Aaron Dobson.
- Lewis accumulating 138 yards from scrimmage on the afternoon.
- Pass rush registering 12 quarterback hits and eight sacks, led by Jones (four hits, three sacks) and Collins (four hits, 2.5 sacks).
- Butler’s acrobatic tip drill interception, his first since the Super Bowl XLIX heroism.
What wasn’t fun to watch
- Patriots collectively taking their foot off the gas pedal in the fourth quarter, getting outscored 21-3. It made the game more interesting than it should have been.
You may remember that the Buffalo fan base so extremely excited for this matchup. New coach, new quarterback, new mentality—the Bills and their fans were beyond confident that they were going to win this game and upset the balance of power in the AFC East. But they didn’t, and it was fun to watch the Patriots re-assert their dominance over their divisional rivals.
Next: 3. Patriots over Steelers