Patriots regular season review: Ranking 16 games by most fun to watch
15 of 17
3. Week 1 – Patriots 28, Steelers 21
What was fun to watch
- Gronk posting a hat trick of touchdown receptions.
- Lewis introducing himself to the NFL by racking up 120 yards from scrimmage.
- Rookie Malcom Brown making his first career sack in his first NFL game.
- Brady connecting on 25 of 32 attempts, good for a completion rate of 78 percent.
What wasn’t fun to watch
- The defense giving up 485 of total offense. Yes, the Steelers are one of the more explosive teams in the NFL, but it still wasn’t fun to watch Antonio Brown reel off 133 receiving yards and DeAngelo Williams rush for 127 big ones.
- The Patriots committing seven penalties, although that can be attributed in part to this being the first live action of the season.
More of a celebration of the Super Bowl XLIX victory than anything, it was great to see the Patriots prevail over AFC powerhouse Pittsburgh in Week 1.
Next: 2. Win over Colts