Patriots: Musket Fire month in review
It’s the last day of June, so we here at Musket Fire are taking a moment to look back on the month of New England Patriots content.
- The month got kicked off with a detailing of 32 interesting facts about the Patriots’ 32 offseason additions. Did you know that Chris Long appeared in a 1980s anti-drinking ad?
- Robert Kraft expressed his confidence in the Patriots’ roster depth.
- We took a moment to analyze the Malcolm Mitchell-Troy Brown comparisons.
- Later that week, it came out that the Patriots are giving traditional linebacker Shea McClellin a look at defensive end. Speaking of positional experiments, it came out later in the month that the Patriots are trying Rob Ninkovich out at linebacker.
- Our annual jersey number-dictated kickoff countdown series started with a profile of No. 99 Vincent Valentine. We’ve been keeping tally of the days until the Sunday Night Football opener in Arizona, but here are a few noteworthy profiles: No. 95 Chris Long, No. 91 Jamie Collins, No. 87 Rob Gronkowski and No. 83 Martellus Bennett.
- In honor of the late Muhammad Ali, Cyrus Geller noted Tom Brady’s Facebook activity.
- Our very own David Smith pondered whether Danny Amendola or Chris Hogan will have more impact for the Patriots in 2016. Later in the month, David listed surprise players who could make the cut.
- Right before minicamp, Yours Truly put together an initial depth chart prediction for the final roster.
- Speaking of the roster, we listed three main sources of worry.
- In what was an impressive Twitter hack, the NFL got a fast one pulled over its head.
- Five reasons were listed as to why will win Defensive Player of the Year this season.
- Temper got the best of Bryan Stork during minicamp one day.
- Kirk von Kreisler dug into the Patriots’ NASCAR package. Kirk also did great work making his own 53-man roster prediction.
- After the NBA Finals, Kirk put together an awesome piece comparing the 2007 Patriots and 2015 Warriors.
- Yours Truly reflected on what the month of June really means for Patriots fans: relaxation.
Next: An interesting fact about each offseason addition
Stay tuned here on Musket Fire throughout the month of July as we bring you fresh points of analysis leading up to and during the beginning of Patriots training camp.