Following the Pats loss to the Jets last week, you voted for the Goat of the Week and selected QB Tom Brady, who the week before had been selected as the Player of the Week. You felt that Brady was even more to blame for the Pats loss than CB Darius Butler, who was beaten several times and had two costly pass interference penalties. One week, you’re the hero, and the next, well, you know. This week, with the Pats defeating the Buffalo Bills to improve to 2-1 on the season, it’s time to vote for the Player of the Week. After a stellar performance at QB, Brady has a chance to redeem himself in this week’s poll. Due to the defense’s lackluster performance, this week’s nominees are heavy on the offensive side of the ball.
Here are the nominees:
- Tom Brady – Brady had a nice bounce-back game against the Bills, and it’s a good thing he did because the defense was horrendous. Brady went 21 of 27 for 252 yards, 3 touchdowns, and a 9-yard run for a first down. He was able to spread the ball around, hitting seven different receivers and targeting eight.
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis – The running game was able to get going against the Bills, and that was largely due to the strong running of BenJarvus Green-Ellis. BJGE ran for 98 yards on 16 carries, had a TD, and a catch for 6 yards. The running game allowed the offense to stay balanced and eat up clock to put the game away.
- Aaron Hernandez – The rookie TE had another superb game, catching 6 passes for 65 yards. He also had a 13-yard run. Hernandez is allowing the offense to be more diverse and creative, keeping the defense on its heels. Last season, the offense became stale and predictable. Now defenses have to deal with the unpredictable ways the Patriots can use Hernandez, who reminds Tedy Bruschi of Dallas Clark.
- Pat Chung – Chung is really establishing himself as a force at safety and is a bright spot on a woeful defense. Chung has been one of the most consistent players on the defense and had another good game for the Pats. Chung was second on the team with 7 tackles, one of which came on a key 3rd down. The Bills faced 3rd and 12, and Fitzpatrick threw a short ball to Roscoe Parrish. Chung came up and made the stop 4 yards before the first down marker, forcing a long field goal that was no good. He also had a key interception in the end zone, stopping a Bills drive.
Now it’s time to vote! Make your voice heard below.
Who is the Patriots' Player of the Week for Week 3?
- Tom Brady (46%, 16 Votes)
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis (23%, 8 Votes)
- Aaron Hernandez (17%, 6 Votes)
- Pat Chung (14%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 35