Nothing but pride is on the line in Week 18 when the New England Patriots host the New York Jets in a Week 18 matchup that will mercilessly end the season for both teams.
Even though this game is meaningless for both teams, that doesn't mean we can't bet on it and try to make some money, so that's exactly what I'm going to do.
If you want to get my best bet for all 16 NFL Week 18 games, check out this week's edition of the "Road to 272 Bets."
In this article, I'm going to break down everything you need to know to bet on this game, including the odds and my best bet.
If you want to get in on the action, place your bets over at DraftKings Sportsbook. If you click the link below to sign up for an account, you'll receive $150 in bonus bets when you place your first $5 wager!
Jets vs. Patriots odds, spread, and total
Jets vs. Patriots betting trends
- Jets are 1-8 ATS in their last nine games
- The OVER is 4-2 in the Jets' last six games
- Jets are 0-6 ATS in their last six games vs. Patriots
- Jets have lost 10-straight games at New England
- The UNDER is 9-1 in the Jets' last 10 games vs. AFC East opponents
- Patriots are 5-14-1 ATS in their last 20 games
- The Patriots are 1-7 straight up in their last eight home games
Jets vs. Patriots injury reports
New York Jets injury report
- Jake Hanson - C - Out
- Jeremy Ruckert - TE - Out
- Zach Wilson - QB - Out
- Allen Lazard - WR - Questionable
- Aaron Rodgers - QB - Out
New England Patriots injury report
- Tyrone Wheatley Jr. - OT - IR-R
- Jabrill Peppers - S - Questionable
- Hunter Henry - TE - Questionable
- Kayshon Boutte - WR - Questionable
- Davante Parker - WR - Questionable
Jets vs. Patriots how to watch
- Date: Sunday, January 7
- Game Time: 1:00 pm EST
- Venue: Gillette Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- New York Jets Record: 6-10
- New England Patriots Record: 4-12
Jets vs. Patriots key players to watch
New York Jets
Breece Hall: As has been the case all season, Breece Hall is the key player for this Jets offense. He has to now take on arguably the best run defense in the NFL so he has to find a way to get yards on the ground. If he can't the Jets offense is going to sputter out.
New England Patriots
Bailey Zappe: The Patriots quarterback will get one more chance to prove himself as the team considers who their quarterback will be in 2024. He's put up similar numbers to Mac Jones this season but he is averaging 0.4 more yards per throw.
Jets vs. Patriots prediction and pick
I've been betting on the Patriots the past few weeks with some success and I'll continue to do so for the exact same reason; I think they're actually better than their record indicates. Despite being 4-12, they're 14th in the NFL in Net Yards per Play at +0.1, the same mark as the Philadelphia Eagles.
A big reason for that is their elite defense which is indisputably the best run defense in the league, keeping teams to gaining just 3.2 yards per carry.
Neither offense is good. In fact, they're both horrific, but it's the Patriots who edge them out in yards per play, EPA per play, and success rate.
I'll back the Patriots as short home favorites in this AFC East matchup.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!