New England Patriots wide receiver DeVante Parker isn’t expected to play in Week 1 against the Philadelphia Eagles due to a knee injury, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
With Parker expected to miss this game, JuJu Smith-Schuster and Kendrick Bourne will be the top two wideouts for New England in this game.
DeVante Parker injury status for Week 1 game against Philadelphia Eagles
Parker is listed as questionable for the Patriots, but he’s not expected to suit up due to a knee injury.
Best Patriots prop bet in Week 1 if DeVante Parker is out
JuJu Smith-Schuster OVER 4.5 receptions
The Patriots lost wideout Jakobi Meyers this offseason, but they replaced him with JuJu Smith-Schuster, who may end up being the No. 1 option for the team at receiver.
Smith-Schuster was a catch machine for Kansas City last season, and he should see a big role replacing Meyers, who had 67 catches and nearly 100 targets in 14 games last season. Now, with Parker out, I wouldn’t be shocked to see more of Smith-Schuster in this offense.
Whether you want to tail or fade this prop for Smith-Schuster, DraftKings Sportsbook has an offer for bettors to win either way on Sunday.
New users that sign up with the link below and wager $5 will instantly receive $200 in bonus bets. That’s a great way to start the NFL season.
DeVante Parker injury history
Parker has been banged up quite a bit in his NFL career, playing in 16 games just once in his NFL career.
- June 2015: Pedal Foot Fracture (Broke Screw) – missed first three preseason games
- Oct. 2015: Foot – missed to games with the same foot injury
- Aug. 2016: Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull – missed one game
- Oct. 2017: Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 – missed three games
- Aug. 2018: Hand Finger Fracture – missed preseason and two regular season games
- Sept. 2018: Leg Quad Strain – missed two games
- Dec. 2020: Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 – missed two games
- Oct. 2021: Shoulder – missed three games
- Oct. 2021: Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 – missed three games
- Dec. 2022: Concussion
When is DeVante Parker coming back?
Parker had a chance to play this week, being listed as questionable, so there’s a chance he can return for Week 2 against the Miami Dolphins.
New England Patriots next 5 opponents
- Miami Dolphins, Sunday, Sept. 17
- New York Jets, Sunday, Sept. 24
- Dallas Cowboys, Sunday, Oct. 1
- New Orleans Saints, Sunday Oct. 8
- Las Vegas Raiders, Sunday, Oct. 15
New England Patriots injury report
- Rhamondre Stevenson – illness, questionable
- Matt Corral – personal, questionable
- Jack Jones – hamstring, out
- Mike Onwenu – ankle, questionable
- DeVante Parker – knee, questionable
- Cole Strange – knee, questionable
Philadelphia Eagles injury report
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.