3 of 5
- The Patriots are still getting set back due to small miscues (5 penalties for 61 yards). Holding on both sides of the ball seem to be recurring issues.
- Aside from the first drive of the game, RB LeGarette Blount had a fairly quiet game finishing with just 37 yards on 18 carries.
- CB Cyrus Jones got ejected after throwing a punch at WR Andrew Hawkins for going low. It was a dirty play by Hawkins, however, Jones must be able to contain himself. Jones also got beat badly on a TD pass earlier during this game.
- K Stephen Gostkowski missed another field goal, but this time from 50 yards out. It’s understandable that he missed due to the distance, but at the same time, with his recent struggles, will he get his swagger back?
- Patriots DL were able create pressure, but it seemed that they couldn’t properly wrap the QB, which leads to throw sways instead of loss of yards or a play downfield (seems like it’s inevitable). Thats been the case a lot this season, and in the past as well.
- Cleveland went to the redzone twice and scored both times.
- Brady did show some rust (which was expected):
- Second drive: An out route to Edelman was thrown too high, but DE Emmanuel Ogbah was in the throwing lane, which could have forced him to do so.
- On 43 yard throw to Hogan, if the ball is properly placed, it’s a TD instead of Hogan having to dive.
- On a drive in the 3rd quarter, Brady was looking for Bennett in the middle of field for a short throw, but practically gifted it to the defender. Luckily it was dropped.
- After getting called back for a holding call, Brady’s throw was almost a pick on a screen pass to RB James White. It was great recognition by the defender however.