2 of 6
- Patriots OL had a strong game, allowing just 1 sack on the night. McDaniels and Scarnecchia need far more credit than they have been receiving. OL Marcus Cannon has also had a strong beginning to his season as well, especially going up against one of the best defenders in the league:
- WR Malcolm Mitchell has continued to show why the Patriots are high on him. After a quick slant pass from Brissett, Mitchell breaks tackle and runs for 27 yards. Expecting to be a reliable option for the Patriots offense.
- Every time FB James Develin is on the field, there is almost always a positive play, whether it is in play-action or simply running the ball. Develin and OL Nate Solder do a great job in run blocking consistently, what the Patriots were missing last season.
- WR Danny Amendola may not be playing as much as he was in 2014-2015, but every time he has touched the field this season, he has picked up crucial first downs/touchdowns. Should the Patriots not be able to run their 12-personnel as often, they still have good options at the WR position.
- Good run defense and penetration from DL all night long. Belichick dared the Texans to run on them, something he has done in the past multiple times against great passing offenses. Patriots could afford to do that with solid secondary play.