4 of 6
- When Miami went into a no huddle at the end of the 2nd and 4th quarters, there were many holes in coverage and the Dolphins were able to convert first downs on those. The Dolphins also started the game with only had 5 in the first half. They finished with 23 (19 of them were passing).
- WRs Jarvis Landry and DeVante Parker were eating the Patriots secondary. They made some fantastic one-handed grabs, and were just dominant against who ever lined up across from them. Landry even broke a Jamie Collins tackle and trucked Malcolm Butler. On the same play. Ugly.
- Bad missed FG by Stephen Gostkowski. Had he made that field goal, regardless of the Dolphins scoring, the Patriots would have been in position to win. Rare for him to miss on a 39-yard FG.
- Game ending pick by S Duron Harmon helps seal the deal, however, had the Patriots not been playing with two deep safeties, Parker had Butler beat and could’ve possibly caught a game-tying TD.
- Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill was able to get out of the pocket a couple times and run for first downs. He even trucked Patrick Chung.
- The stat-line that Bill Belichick will probably show his defense: 20-for-21, 256 yards and 2 TDs. Who’s numbers are those? Tannehill’s stats during the second half of the game. Unacceptable.