#1 Tom Terrific is STILL Terrific
Tom Brady is still Tom Brady.
He isn’t getting any younger (although physically it doesn’t show), but neither is his performance on the field. His leadership, intellect, and throwing strength is still sharp as ever – and may stay at that level for a long time. Many have given Peyton Manning the title of a general or a head coach on the field, but forget that Brady is pretty close or on the same level.
One of the keys to success for the Patriots this season and going forward will be to keeping Tom Brady upright. They cannot afford to have him continuously on the ground. Brady may be able to keep himself in shape with great offseason discipline (a healthy diet and training plan), but like everyone else, the hits will eventually take it’s toll.
More from Musket Fire
- Patriots get steal of the night with perfect first round pick
- What trading Mac Jones during the draft can do for the Patriots
- Best and worst draft picks during the Bill Belichick era
- Early round Patriots draft picks you’ll hate now, love later
- Musket Fire Roundup: Our own final predictions for round 1
Had injuries to skill players and the offensive line not happened last season, Brady would have easily achieved one of his best statistical seasons since 2010. After an abrupt ending to the season in the Mile High, look for Brady to come back motivated as ever on a quest to definitively separating him from every other quarterback in NFL history.