Patriots regular season review: Ranking 16 games by most fun to watch
17 of 17
1. Week 10 – Patriots 27, Giants 26
What was fun to watch
- Gronk going 76 yards for a touchdown, the longest play of his career.
- Amendola slicing his way through the Giants’ coverage team on an 82-yard punt return.
- Butler’s coverage on Odell Beckham Jr. after the 87-yard touchdown. From that point on, Butler owned the matchup, allowing just 17 yards on three receptions to the star wideout.
- Gostkowski booting through the go-ahead 54-yard field goal, arguably the most clutch kick of his career.
What wasn’t fun to watch
- OBJ’s 87-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter.
- Brady throwing an uncharacteristic goal line interception to Trumaine McBride, which put the Giants back in the game.
- Duron Harmon tripping up Amendola right before the goal line on that punt return.
This was arguably the best game of the entire regular season across the league. An instant classic, really. Although it was nail-biting as all hell for Patriots fans, this game has to be remembered as the most exciting and enjoyable 60 minutes of football the Patriots played all year.
Next: AFC Power Rankings: End of regular season edition
Now, the attention shifts to the bye week and the postseason.