Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
The NFL season is fast approaching. Preseason is underway, training camps are as heated as ever and New England Patriots fans are eager for Week 1 to arrive. To help fill the dog days of summer, I have put together an NFL power rankings before Week 3 of the preseason.
The criteria used include how teams fared last season, offseason additions and subtractions, notable preseason performances and last but not least, injuries. A serious injury to an important player(s) will have a negative effect on a team in these NFL power rankings.
More from Patriots News
- What trading Mac Jones during the draft can do for the Patriots
- Early round Patriots draft picks you’ll hate now, love later
- Musket Fire Roundup: Our own final predictions for round 1
- Breaking down the Patriots’ options in the 2023 NFL Draft
- Special DraftKings Massachusetts Promo Code for NFL Draft – Get $150 on ANY $5 Bet
Of course, it’s still early and we shouldn’t overreact too much. After all, most teams have played only one preseason game. But NFL power rankings are too fun to wait until September.
Be sure to check back on Musket Fire early next week after the third slate of preseason games have been played for an updated NFL power rankings as we continue to bide our time until Week 1.
Let’s start with in the cellar and work our way upstairs.
Next: 32. Washington Redskins