NFL.com has posted video of the Patriots-Ravens AFC Championship game from the popular show on NFL Network, Sound FX, which brings you sounds from wired players and the sidelines. From the Patriots, TE Rob Gronkowski was wired for sound while Terrell Suggs was wired from the Ravens.
You can see the video from the first half HERE. Here are some highlights:
- Gronk and Suggs had some good battles with each other on the line of scrimmage. Suggs complains to the refs that Gronk is holding him while Gronk complains that Suggs is putting his hands in his face (that’s a penalty).
- Gronk gets a nice chip on Suggs and knocks him to the ground. He gets up and asks, “Who did that?”
- Gronk blocks the mammoth Haloti Ngata one-on-one on the Law Firm’s touchdown run. He then gets very excited about blocking Ngata one-on-one.
- One thing the Ravens’ defense wanted to emphasize starting the second half was hitting the Pats’ tight ends as they were coming off the line.
- When Gronk returned to the field from the locker room after injuring his ankle, he told the offensive players, “I’m fine.” Good news heading into the Super Bowl.
- Suggs was calling on the Ravens offense to take their time going down the field after the Brady INT in the end zone. He clearly didn’t want the Pats to get the ball back.
- “Oh my God,” was Suggs’ reaction to Bill Cundiff’s missed field goal.
- After the game, Danny Woodhead said to Gronk, “This doesn’t even seem real, it’s so unbelievable.”
- Bill Belichick said to Gronk, “This is why we brought you here.” He then asked Gronk if he was OK, to which Gronk said, “I’m good.”