If you search the “expert” sites (ESPN, FOX Sports, CBS, etc.) looking for game predictions for this Sunday’s Patriots/Steelers game, you’ll find a very common thread- just about everyone is picking the Steelers to win Sunday night. The game is in Pittsburgh, which doesn’t help the Patriots’ cause, and the Pats are coming off of a poor performance last week against the Browns. Combine those factors with the general opinion that the Patriot offense is struggling and the Steeler defense is dominating, and it’s certain to spell disaster for the Patriots. These are the kinds of things that help motivate the Pats, not that they should need any motivation to go out and play well. Here is a summary of the expert predictions:
- All but one ESPN analyst is picking the Steelers. Only Ron Jaworski picked the Patriots to win Sunday night. Even our own Tedy Bruschi is picking against the Pats. To view all of the ESPN predictions, click here.
- Pete Prisco from CBS Sports predicts the Steeler to win 27-20.
The Patriots are playing consecutive road games, while the Steelers are playing on a short week. That will help negate New England playing back-to-back on the road, which can be tough. But New England doesn’t scare down the field in the passing game. That’s trouble against the Steelers, who can sit on the short routes and pressure Brady. Pittsburgh takes it in a big way.
- Kerry J. Byrne from SI.com and Cold Hard Football Facts predicts the Steelers win 27-23.
- Peter King from SI.com predicts a tight, tight game that the Patriots win 24-23.
- ALL of the experts from FOXSports.com pick the Steelers to win. You can view their picks by clicking here.