I'm sorry, Patriots fans, there are still a handful of games you need to suffer through this season including this week's of Thursday Night Football when they take on the Pittsburgh Steelers.
If we have to watch the game at least we can bet on it! In this article, I'm going to break down everything you need to know to bet on this AFC prime time showdown, including the odds and my best bet.
If you want to bet on it yourself, you should do so at WynnBET Sportsbook, one of the most popular places for bettors from Massachusetts to place their wagers.
Patriots vs. Steelers odds, spread, and total
The odds listed below are via WynnBET Sportsbook.
- Patriots +6 (-110)
- Steelers -6 (-110)
- Patriots +218
- Steelers -260
- 30.5 (Over -110/Under -110)
Patriots vs. Steelers betting trends
- Patriots are 0-5 ATS in their last five games
- The UNDER is 9-2 in the Patriots' last 11 games
- Patriots are 13-4-2 ATS in their last 19 games against Steelers
- Patriots are 1-6 ATS in their last seven road games
- Patriots are 2-10 ATS in their last 12 games vs. AFC opponents
- Steelers are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games
- The UNDER is 9-1 in the Steelers' last 10 games
Patriots vs. Steelers injury reports
New England Patriots injury report
- Tyrone Wheatley Jr - OT - IR
- Deatrich Wise Jr. - DE - Questionable
- Demario Douglas - WR - Questionable
- Kayshon Boutte - WR - Questionable
- Rhamondre Stevenson - RB - Questionable
Pittsburgh Steelers injury report
- Montavius Adams - DT - Out
- Kenny Pickett - QB - Out
- Issac Seumalo - G - Questionable
- Elandon Roberts - LB - Questionable
Patriots vs. Steelers how to watch
- Date: Thursday, December 7
- Game Time: 8:15 pm EST
- Venue: Acrisure Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): PRIME VIDEO
- New England Patriots Record: 2-10
- Pittsburgh Steelers Record: 7-5
Patriots vs. Steelers key players to watch
New England Patriots
Rhamondre Stevenson: The only hope the Patriots offense has is Rhamondre Stevenson. They don't have a quarterback and their only good receivers are out. That leaves Stevenson with all the pressure of carrying this offense to be competitive on Thursday night. He's averaged at least 4.3 yards per carry in each of the Patriots' last three games.
Jaylen Warren: I still don't think the Steelers are giving Jaylen Warren the ball enough. He's averaging 5.9 yards per carry this season and even last week against the Cardinals he rank for 59 yards, but was only given the ball nine times averaging 6.6 yards per carry. He's the key to unlocking the potential of this offense.
Patriots vs. Steelers prediction and pick
There's nobody out there who doesn't think this is going to be a defensive slug fest. It's the lowest set total of the season at 30.5, but yet for some reason the Steelers are 6-point favorites. This isn't going to be a fun game to watch, but I can't help but take the six points with the Patriots.
When two bad teams play, it's generally a good idea to take the underdog, especially if they're getting a touchdown worth of points.
The Patriots have still moved the ball, averaging 4.4 yards per play over their last three games, but they just haven't managed to score points. Meanwhile, they have the better defense. allowing just 8.7 points per game over their last three contests. The Steelers can't say the same, allowing the Cardinals to score 24 points against them in Week 13.
This spread is simply too long for a game between two terrible teams with no competent quarterback. I'll take the side that's getting six points.
Pick: Patriots +6
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!