The New England Patriots pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the season, taking down the Buffalo Bills in Week 7 action.
The Pats' season isn't saved quite yet, but the team is trending in the right direction and another big win against an AFC East opponent in Week 8 could vault them back into the mix for a wild card spot.
If you want to get in on the action this week, be sure to do it over at WynnBET Sportsbook, one of the most popular places for Massachusetts' bettors to place their wagers.
Patriots vs. Dolphins odds, spread, and total
- Patriots +9.5 (-110)
- Dolphins -9.5 (-110)
- Patriots +370
- Dolphins -469
- 47.0 (Over -110/Under -110)
Patriots vs. Dolphins betting trends
- Patriots are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games
- The UNDER is 5-1 in the Patriots' last six games
- Patriots are 0-6 ATS in their last six games vs. Dolphins
- Dolphins are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games
- Dolphins are 5-1 ATS in their last six games vs. Patriots
- Dolphins are 7-1 ATS in their last eight games vs. AFC opponents
Patriots vs. Dolphins injury report
New England Patriots injury report
- Kayshon Boutte - WR - Questionable
- JuJu Smith-Schuster - WR - Questionable
- Josh Uche - LB - Questionable
- Keion White - DE - Questionable
- Tyrone Wheatley Jr. - OT - IR
Miami Dolphins injury report
- Davis Long Jr. - LB - Questionable
- Xavien Howard - CB - Questionable
- Connor Williams - G - Questionable
- Isaiah Wynn - OT - IR
- Nik Needham - CB - Questionable
Patriots vs. Dolphins how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 29
- Game Time: 1:00 p.m. EST
- Venue: Hard Rock Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): CBS
- New England Patriots Record: 2-5
- Miami Dolphins Record: 5-2
Patriots vs. Dolphins key players to watch
New England Patriots
Demario Douglas: The Patriots have been desperate for a No. 2 receiver to step up and produce to help take the pressure off Kendrick Bourne, and Demario Douglas might just be that guy. He hauled in four receptions for 54 yards against the Bills, so don't be surprised if he has another strong start against the Dolphins on Sunday.
Tua Tagovailoa: The Patriots largely kept Tua Tagovailoa in check in their Week 2 meeting, keeping him to 249 yards and a QBR of 73.5. For the Patriots to have any chance of winning this game and upsetting the Dolphins, they need to have a repeat performance against him on Sunday. As much as people talk highly of their receiving core, the Dolphins' offensive success revolves around Tua.
Patriots vs. Dolphins prediction and pick
The Patriots have been a strong UNDER team this year, but I think that trend will flip in Week 7 and I'll be betting on the OVER instead. Something may have finally clicked for their offense last week, coming off their best offensive performance of the season where they averaged 6.6 yards per play and put up 29 points.
Meanwhile, the Patriots defense, as good as it is, have no hope of completely shutting down the Dolphins' high-powered offense. The best they can do is slow it down, much like they did in week 2.
Still, if the Patriots offense can continue to roll, I expect a high-scoring affair at Gillette Stadium.
I'll take the OVER in this AFC East showdown.
Prediction: OVER 47
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!