There's no way of avoiding it. The New England Patriots have been tough to watch this year. The good news is the season is still young and there is, in theory, time for them to bounce back and gain some momentum.
They'll host the Buffalo Bills on Sunday of Week 7, and an upset win could move them in the right direction in a big way.
In this article, I'm going to break down everything you need to know to bet on this game.
When you're ready to place your bet, I encourage you to do so at WynnBET Sportsbook, one of the most popular places for Massachusetts bettors to place their wagers. All the odds in this article come from WynnBET, so that's where you should place your bet.
Bills vs. Patriots odds, spread, and total
- Bills -8.5 (-110)
- Patriots +8.5 (-110)
- Bills -410
- Patriots +330
- 42.0 (Over -110/Under -110)
Bills vs. Patriots betting trends
- The UNDER is 5-2 in the Bills' last seven games
- Bills are 12-3 straight up in their last 15 games
- Bills are 5-1 against the spread in their last six games vs. Patriots
- The UNDER is 9-1 in the Bills' last 10 road games
- Patriots are 1-9 ATS in their last 10 games
- The UNDER is 5-0 in the Patriots' last five games
- Patriots are 0-6 ATS in their last six home games
Bills vs. Patriots injury reports
Buffalo Bills injury report
- Damien Harris - RB - Questionable
- Dane Jackson - CB - Questionable
- Dalton Kincaid - TE - Questionable
New England Patriots injury report
- Demario Douglas - WR - Questionable
- Riley Reiff - OT - Questionable
- Cole Strange - G - Questionable
- JuJu Smith-Schuster - WR - Questionable
- Tyrone Wheatley Jr. - OT - Questionable
Bills vs. Patriots how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 22
- Game Time: 1:00 p.m. EST
- Venue: Gillette Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): CBS
- Buffalo Bills Record: 4-2
- New England Patriots Record: 1-5
Bills vs. Patriots key players to watch
James Cook: The Bills starting running back's role continues to grow in Buffalo's offense. Not only is he the clear No. 1 running back, but he's also third in the team in receiving yards with 140, behind only Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis. With Damien Harris likely out for an extended period after suffering a scary injury against the New York Giants, Cook's role will be increasingly important heading into this week.
New England Patriots
DeVante Parker: The Patriots are desperate for a second option at the wideout position to help complement Kendrick Bourne, but they're not getting it from anyone on their roster. DeVante Parker seems like the most likely option, but he dropped a key pass on Sunday against the Las Vegas Raiders that could have got the Patriots in a position to win the game. Parker needs to improve in a hurry to help this offense.
Bills vs. Patriots prediction and pick
The Patriots continue to be an UNDER machine, with it hitting in five straight games for them. The Bills have also quietly been a good UNDER team, going 9-1 in their last 10 road games.
If you can't stomach another bet on the Patriots to win or cover the spread, I recommend the UNDER as an alternative. The New England defense is still one of the better units in the NFL, ranking eighth in the league in opponent yards per play (4.8).
They're also seventh in the league in opponent red zone scoring percentage, allowing teams to score a touchdown on just 45% of red zone trips against them.
Let's keep betting on what the Patriots do best: play defense.
With the total in the low 40s, the UNDER is the bet to make.
Best bet: UNDER 42 (-110)
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!