Welcome to The Patriot Way- New England Patriots News from Around the Web
– The Patriots made a pair of trades on Tuesday, trading a future draft pick for Packers defensive end Jerel Worthy, and trading corner Justin Green for defensive tackle Ben Bass. Of the two, Worthy has the most upside as the 2012 second round pick still has talent but has had his career slowed by injuries. It is clear the Patriots do not want a repeat of last year.
– At least one person is high on receiver Danny Amendola. Amendola needs to stay healthy to contribute and one could argue his health is as key as anyones to the success of the Patriots offense this year.
– Corner Darrelle Revis is only focused on this upcoming season and not on a contract extension. I assure you there are enough Patriots fans that are focusing on it.
– The Patriots worked out three quarterbacks, likely to be used as a camp arm with Ryan Mallett limited in practice.
-A host of key names among the offseason award winners, which is always a good sign.
– In the rob Gronkowski watch, he is reportedly 50-50 to play in the regular season opener. I don’t want to rush Gronk back before he is ready. He is needed at the end of the year and in the playoffs, not week 1.
– The Patriots completed the Ice Bucket Challenge to strike out ALS after practice on Tuesday.