Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– With the first day of training camp in the books, Mike Reiss takes a look at some of the days biggest developments and storylines. It sounds like Kenbrell Thompkins has a leg up at this point in terms of making the team. He certainly has the most important player, Tom Brady, stumping for him and lauding his efforts.
– The hopes of the Patriots returning to glory this season hinge on the defensive side of the ball. Unlike the past few years, this defense has the potential to provide the offense with more possessions and shorter fields, which should lead to more points. A big part of that is having this man back in the fold.
– Some might so far as to say this is the best secondary Bill Belichick has had in New England. You’d like to make an argument that some of those Super Bowl teams had a good secondary, but then you remember that Eathwind Moreland played a significant role in more than a couple games.
– If nothing else, having Darrelle Revis on the team facing his ex-team and your arch rival is about as good as it gets.
– Tom Brady’s comments about the future remind you he is closer to the end than the beginning. Scary thought.
– An underrated camp storyline is the offensive line under new coach Dave DeGuglielmo as he replaces legendary coach Dante Scarnecchia. So far, so good.