Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– Fire the cannons! Ring the bells! Get the muskets ready! Rob Gronkowski has been cleared to play and will avoid the PUP list to start training camp! He still needs to stay healthy, and I would expect him to be limited for much of training camp, but this is still a very positive sign that he will be ready to go week 1.
– As part of his NFL trade value column, Grantland’s Bill Barnwell lists Nate Solder as one of the top 50 most valuable assets in the NFL. An above average left tackle with room to grow and still on a rookie deal deserves to be on that list.
– Mike Reiss writes about how this year the defense is the key to the Patriots being Super Bowl contenders. It’s hard not to get get excited at the potential this defensive group has, provided they are able to stay healthy. This is easily the best defensive group for the Patriots since before the days of Randy Moss.
– As training camp starts, here are ten things to watch over the next few weeks of practice according to Christopher Price.
– Price also believes that the Patriots and Broncos are destined to meet again in the playoffs. I don’t want to look too far ahead, but there is a good chance he is right.
– The jury selection for the trial of Aaron Hernandez is scheduled to start on January 9th of 2015.