Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– On the eve of camp the Patriots signed another veteran tight end, just not the tight end fans were hoping to see signed. Hopefully, the most important tight end on the roster is right and will be ready to go week 1. More importantly, let’s hope Rob Gronkowski stays that way.
– Christopher Price examines the defensive line as we head into training camp. If healthy, this group should finally have the support of a strong secondary to do some damage rushing the passer.
– Bleacher Report lists linebacker Jamie Collins on their list of projected breakout stars. Collins has all the potential to be a do-it-all linebacker on defense, and a significant jump in his play this year would do worlds of good for the defense as a whole.
– Bleacher Report also lists a small problem for each team in the NFL, and lists depth in the back seven on defense as the Patriots issue. I can’t say I agree entirely with this sentiment. Linebacker depth is certainly a concern, but I think there is enough positional versatility in the secondary (i.e. Logan Ryan playing safety) to lessen the concern about depth.
– In Aaron Hernandez news, the previously reported 33 pages of texts between the former tight and and head coach Bill Belichick was actually only 34 texts total. They must have printed them out in really large font.