Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– The surprising news of defensive tackle Armond Armstead’s retirement won’t have an effect on the Patriots plans writes NESN’s Doug Kyed. I won’t go so far as to say his reitrement will have zero impact on the Patriots plans, but it definitely did not blind side the Patriots like it did many fans.
– A couple long-shot receivers were released by the Patriots. Hopefully this means Aaron Dobson is close enough to a return that the extra bodies aren’t needed.
– Patriots owner Robert Kraft feels that the NFL should push to have a permanent NFL franchise in London by the end of the decade. I question the logistics of having one team in Europe and the rest so far away. Yes, the east coast to London is manageable, but what happens when the London franchise has to play the NFC/AFC west?
– Kraft also expressed his fondness for Thursday Night Football, even suggesting there should be more than one game. Call me old fashioned but I like games on Sunday and Monday, and that doesn’t even take into account the safety concerns about playing on Thursdays.
– Not a Patriots specific topic, but this is a step in the right direction for the NFL and more specifically for players.
– Duron Harmon appears to be in line to grab the starting safety spot next to Devin McCourty.
– Competition at all spots in training camp, just as it should be.