Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– The biggest rumor/discussion going around is the possibility of receiver Andre Johnson ending up in a Patriots uniform. Johnson would instantly be the best receiver on the team and provide an outside threat that has been missing since the days of Randy Moss. I doubt he gets traded to New England, however, due to the financial concerns. He would have to be released before signing with the Patriots.
– Tom Brady has consistently been ranked highly by his peers. In fact, he is the most consistent player. You can take the players rankings with a grain of salt, but it does speak volumes having the respect of your peers for so long.
– One of the key losses in defensive personnel this offseason might not be that big of a loss after all. Spikes is very good against the run but suspect against the pass, limiting his versatility and the versatility of the defense overall. If the top three linebackers can stay healthy this year, the defense should be leaps and bounds better (in no small part thanks to the upgrades along the defensive line and in the secondary).
– In Aaron Hernandez news, the Patriots have agreed to release medical records to Hernandez and his attorneys.
– In more positive tight end news, Rob Gronkowski recently visited Boston Children’s hospital and brought ice cream.