Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
- The Patriots rank as the smartest spending team in the NFL. There are two schools of thought when it comes to this information. First, that the Patriots spend their money wisely and thus keep the team in contention every year, or second, that the Patriots don’t spend enough money on established talent and that has been keeping the team from that elusive fourth Super Bowl title. Both sides make good points.
- Mike Reiss takes a look at the linebacker position for the Patriots. A clear drop off, both in terms of talent and assured roster spots, after the first three.
- The Patriots are reportedly optimistic about receiver Aaron Dobson’s recovery from foot surgery. It is of the utmost importance for Dobson to be ready when camp starts so he does not fall behind going into his second year.
- Tom Brady currently ranks fourth in MVP odds for the 2014 season. If Dobson and the other second year receivers can progress, and the rest of the offense can stay healthy, I see no reason Brady can’t put up MVP-like numbers.
- One rookie who stands to help Brady this year is running back James White.