Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
- Mike Reiss gives an update as to the status of each of the Patriots drafted rookies. This crop of offensive lineman is very intriguing and could end up starting multiple games this season.
- Reiss also takes a look at the defensive tackle position as the team moves closer to training camp later this month. Chris Jones would be much more effective in a rotational role in 2014 rather than the every down role was forced into in 2013 due to injuries.
- All signs are pointing towards tight end Rob Gronkowski being ready to play week 1 of the regular season. Getting, and keeping Gronk healthy is instrumental in the Patriots being a super bowl contender.
- At least one rookie has Tom Brady on his sack list for 2014.
- Greg Rosenthal has Jamie Collins on his list of players “making the leap.” Having Collins progress, building on a strong rookie performance down the stretch in 2013, and developing into a do-it-all linebacker would improve the Patriots defense in their weakest areas. Sort of what Adalius Thomas should/could have been.
- About that whole Brady no longer being elite thing…