Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– In the biggest news of the day, Browns head coach Mike Pettine, a former Jets assistant, has claimed that the Patriots have a copy of the Jets playbook. He went so far as to say Tom Brady bragged about it to a former Jets assistant. First, having a copy would be of limited benefit, as you can gain all of that information from watching film. Second, gameplans change week to week and thuis are not included in a single playbook. Besides, you can find the 2010 Jets playbook online.
– For what it’s worth, Rex Ryan of all people spoke out against Pettine.
– A lawsuit has been filed against the Patriots and Kraft Enterprises LLC, seeking to stop the contract bonus to Aaron Hernandez should Hernandez win his appeal in court. Hernandez is currently fighting in court to have his signing bonus paid to him (the Patriots have refused to pay the bonus). The family of two victims are seeking to have any payment stopped.
– SI.com has a report card for the Patriots offseason. A pretty tough review if you ask me.
– Here are a few things that can be gleaned from the Patriots mini camp.
– The Patriots released roster long-shot Reggie Dunn.
– Former Chiefs corner Brandon Flowers is reportedly receiving interest from the Patriots. Interesting sign given the supposed depth the team has at corner. Could this mean a switch to safety for Logan Ryan?