Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots news and links from around the web
– The attorneys for former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez have requested medical files from the Patriots. The files reportedly relate to the mental state of Hernandez during the time he was with the Patriots, along with other medical information. I doubt this would implicate the Patriots in any way, but the situation bears watching.
– The Patriots had their first of three mini camp sessions on Tuesday. Mike Reiss breaks down some of the more notable moments of the practice.
– Bill Belichick echoed the sentiments of fans everywhere saying he would prefer the NFL draft return to its traditional April time slot. Unfortunately for all of us, money talks, and the ratings soared in May.
– Duron Harmon appears primed for a key role in the defense in 2014. With the other players in that quartet, and the depth behind them at corner, Harmon is being placed in a position to thrive and grow to his fullest potential.
– Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is working hard this offseason to achieve a high level of consistency. Having the opportunity to work with and watch one of the greatest quarterbacks ever can’t hurt, and seems to be having an effect.
– The Patriots also made a back end of the roster move, filling out the empty spot on their roster.