Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– Tight end Jermichael Finley visited the Patriots last Friday, reportedly for a medical evaluation into his bruised spone and spinal fusion. When healthy, Finley is the exact type of tight end that the Patriots need right now, both to pair with Rob Gronkowski, and as insurance for Gronk. Given the severity of the injury, there are obviously huge red flags surrounding Finley, and some question whether he should even both risking his personal well-being to play football anymore.
– Rob Ninkovich spoke with reporters, and touched upon how new corners Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner are fitting into the locker room. It is hard not to get excited about the two new corners and what they bring to the Patriots defense. The secondary is very deep at corner and the overall talent level has jumped considerably, which should in theory help out the pass rush.
– CBSSports.com takes a look at holes that each team needs to fill. Not a huge surprise that they choose the receiver position. The Patriots need to hope Aaron Dobson gets healthy and progresses quickly.
– Pro Football Focus’ Sam Monson has declared Tom Brady as no longer an elite quarterback, saying his decline has been happening for a while now. I respectfully disagree with this assertion and believe that Tom Brady, while definitely on the backside of his career, is still one of the top five quarterbacks in the league. I’m not sure what emphasis Monson has placed in offensive line and receiver play, but I do not think he took that into account enough. Compare the weapons some of the other elite quarterbacks have to what Brady has worked with the last few years,especially last year (taking into account injuries). Let’s see what he does this year.
– At least one other person agrees with me.
– Never change Gronk, never change.