Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– The Patriots have released rookie free agent James Morris, who spent only four days on the team. Morris was a longshot to make the roster, looking to fill a Dane Fletcher type of role.
– Defensive end Chandler Jones says that he has been working to improve his lower body strength this offseason. Jones, more than any other player including Darrelle Revis, has the best chance of dictating where this Patriots defense goes. If he can grow into a true threat off the edge, providing a consistent pass rush, the entire defense will improve by default.
– For those that play fantasy football, here is a breakdown of where Patriots players rank at their respective positions.
– Rookie running back James White spoke with the media, emphasizing how ball security is important for running backs. All he has to do is look a few lockers over to Mr Ridley for evidence of that.
– Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski are having fun this offseason.
– The Patriots have been involved in trades for future first round picks in the recent past. CBSSports.com has a breakdown of how often these types of trades work out for each team. Interesting the remember when everyone is clamoring for the Patriots to move up or not trade back each and every draft.