Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
- The Patriots signed another rookie undrafted free agent, former Maine receiver Derrick Johnson. Johnson has speed that no other receiver on the roster has, but he will still be a longhsot to make the roster at the crowded wide receiver position.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe has an extensive piece on second round quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. Everything seems to be falling perfectly into place for Garoppolo, but he shouldn’t expect anything more than mop up duties for three years.
- The Patriots have come to terms with four of their draft picks. Given the predetermined draft slot salaries, there is no excuse for not having your picks signed and in camp on time. Get them all signed and in that playbook.
- NESN takes a look at the Patriots defensive tackles after the draft. Quite a few question marks remain, but there is talent in this group if they can stay healthy. The player that could change the outlook on the position the most is Armond Armstead. If he can get healthy he, at least reportedly, could be a force along the defensive line.
- Tom Brady channeling his inner Gronk.
- Not to be outdone, Rob Gronkowski one-ups Brady.