Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
- Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was indicted for a double murder that occurred in 2012. Legal and moral standpoints aside (this is a football blog after all), it is unclear exactly how this new development will impact the Patriots. Michael McCann does a good job at explaining some of the specifics.
- Another former Patriot receiver was in the news for all the wrong reasons.
- All rookies who had not yet met with the media did so yesterday at Gillette Stadium. I think Jeremy Gallon has a real shot at making this team, and Bryan Stork will be starting on the offensive line sooner than later.
- First round pick Dominique Easley was limited in the first practices of the year for rookies. No surprise there as he is still recovering from ACL surgery and there is no reason to rush to get on the field in May and risk a setback.
- It’s not the best system, but each division was ranked by their draft grades and then ranked against eachother. the AFC East did not fare well.
- The first Patriots rookie officially signed his contract yesterday. Given the pre-determined amounts and lengths of contracts based on draft slot, there should no longer be any issues having the rookies signed in time for training camp.
- The Patriots also released two rookies yesterday. Both rookies were undrafted free agents, and both were long shots to make the roster.
- I like the effort, but he won’t need to display this on the field for a few years, if ever.
- Is it just me, or does Bryan Stork sound a little bit like Bill Belichick?