Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
- After Ian Rapoport reported that there was mutual interest in a Ryan Mallet to the Houston Texans trade, a report surfaced from Houston that shut down the whole deal. This move makes sense at first glance, with Texans coach Bill O’Brien having coach Mallet in New England for a few years, but I don’t think he wants to pin his Texans future on the Patriots backup quarterback. It didn’t work out too well for the last guy to try that.
- While the Mallet rumors were swirling, Texans receiver Andre Johnson voiced his frustrations with the team and questioned if Houston was the right place for him. Pure speculation, but could the Patriots be a target location?
- Jimmy Garoppolo and the other rookies spoke to the media yesterday after practice. The newly minted second round quarterback appears to have the right attitude, saying all the right things. Garoppolo did reveal that he will be wearing number 10, the same number he had in college, and that this number was given to him by the team without his request.
- For the rest of the rookie jersey numbers (for now at least), take a look here. Don’t go running out and buying a jersey yet (particularly first round pick Dominique Easley’s) as some number will change depending upon who makes the roster. I will say, however, that I think, Jeremy Gallon will do the number 83 justice.
- Bill Belichick may or may not be a fan of the new timing of the NFL draft, but he knows what it has done to the rookies.
- Here is a look at the more notable rookies that the Patriots could be facing this season.
- In the way too early to actually mean anything power rankings, the Patriots come in at number 4, which seems about right I suppose.