Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– Tight End Rob Gronkowski says his knee is improving, though he will not speculate on when he will return or his chances of being ready for week 1. Getting Gronkowski back healthy, and keeping him that way, is paramount for the offense and the team as a whole. No sense pushing it too hard early on, to only suffer a setback.
– Mike Reiss has notes from Patriots Director of Player Personnel Nick Caserio’s press conference. When watching the draft, expect a late night the first two nights (especially night 1) and, per usual, expect to be disappointed when the small flying Elvis on the clock is changed (to some quarterback needy team trading up to the end of round to draft Derek Carr or one of the top QBs that happens to fall).
– It is interesting to note that per Caserio, the Patriots will not draft based on need if a superior player is available. In the past, quarterback has always been dismissed as a position the Patriots would draft (for obvious reasons) but are we starting to creep into that time when it wouldn’t seem so outlandish?
-Caserio also touches on a few things that the Patriots are looking to do when they interview prospects.
– Rob Ninkovich talks about the Patriots Achilles heal from last season: third and long defense.
– Gronk is still being Gronk. Never change.