Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
- NFL Network analysts take a closer look at some areas of the NFL draft that might pertain to the Patriots. The quarterback portion makes a ton of sense given backup Ryan Mallett’s contract status, and would be a move similar to when Mallet himself was drafted. All about value for New England, particularly after the first round.
- Christopher Price examines if there is any correlation to pre-draft workouts and the Patriots drafting a player.
- Co-captain Logan Mankins met with reporters this week, answering questions about a variety of topics. How Mankins and the offensive line adjust to life without coach Dante Scarnecchia is a storyline to watch closely this year. Scarnecchia is a widely respected coach who had been with the team for decades.
- Well as long as he comes back healthy I won’t be too upset, just don’t take too long.
- Former Patriot Receiver Cha Johnson (aka Chad Ochocinco) signed with the Montreal Alouettes. Chad certainly didn’t pan out in New England, but he may have enough left in the tank to offer some value north of the border.
- If you are in to fantasy football, CBS Sports takes a look at what to expect from the Patriots offense next season. Given the injury situation with Rob Gronkowski, Tom Brady is really the safest pick, though Shane Vereen could blow up if he stays on the field…
…and even if Vereen can’t stay healthy, his replacement may be available to be had in the trade market.
- Former Patriots corner Ty Law was announced as a finalist for the franchise hall of fame. He discussed the possibility of being enshrined with reporters.