Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– Former Iowa tight end C. J. Fiedorowicz is set to travel to Foxboro for an official visit with the Patriots, who also will be hosting a safety this week. Fiedorowicz is a large tight end, standing 6′ 5″ and weighing in at 265 pounds, similar in stature, if not athletic ability, to Rob Gronkowski. As many have said before, getting a tight end to pair with Gronkowski and be an insurance policy in terms of injury is key for the Patriots in the draft. Adding a safety is a possibility, but less of a need depending on how you feel about Duron Harmon and Logan Ryan at safety.
– Another area that the Patriots figure to address via the draft is along the defensive line, specifically defensive tackle. Mike Reiss takes a look at prospects who could likely be had after the first round. The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is that the Patriots move down in this draft, where Belichick and company see more “value.” The draft is deep, they have a late round pick, there will be multiple quarterbacks left at the end of the first, and they are without a few late round picks as it is. Be prepared to wait hours and then see the Flying Elvis change to something else (Houston, Cleveland, Minnesota if they pass on a QB at the top).
– The Patriots are reportedly showing interest in former Missouri defensive end Michael Sam. His size and physical abilities have lead many to question how he translates to the NFL, but if he can get after the passer, bring him in.
– In darker news, Aaron Hernandez is in more trouble while in prison.
– You do you Gronk. Never change.