Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
- Rob Ninkovich spoke with reporters about the addition of corner Darrelle Revis as well as corner Brandon Browner. Revis and Browner should help the pass rush by providing tighter coverage, thus forcing the quarterback to hold on to the ball that much longer, giving the defensive line more time to get to the quarterback. I still think more pass rush help is needed, but better coverage is a good place to start.
- Speaking of Revis, expect to see more than a few of these this year. Hopefully a longer deal gets worked out and they can stay on the shelf for more than just this year.
- Tight End Rob Gronkowski helped to raise $20k for the families of the two Boston Firefighters who lost their lives in the line of duty.
- The Patriots will reportedly work out quarterbacks Zach Mettenberger of LSU and Logan Thomas of Virginia Tech, after already having met with projected top quarterbacks Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Manziel. Mettenberger and Thomas are more of the type of quarterback I could see the Patriots drafting, guys who have skills and abilities but need to be developed, and perhaps most importantly, can be had later in the draft.
- While at LSU, the Patriots also met with receiver Landry Jones. Jones did not test well at the combine, but he seems to play faster than his numbers show. Even still, I’m not sure that Jones is the receiver that the Patriots are missing. One thing is for certain, Kenbrell Thompkins and Josh Boyce better come to camp ready to perform or they will be out of a job by the end of the summer.