Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
- Corner Alfonzo Dennard was released from jail over the weekend after he completed his 35 day sentence related to his arrest before the combine. Hopefully Dennard can avoid these situations going forward and build on a solid first two years in the league.
- Safety Adrian Wilson was released by the Patriots over the weekend, saving the team just under $1 million in cap savings this year. The Wilson signing obviously did not work out the way either side wanted, but it appears the split was amicable and if injuries arise and Wilson is still available, perhaps a reunion of sorts could happen in the future. At the very least the Pro Shop can start churning out those Revis jerseys.
- Christopher Price outlines, amongst other things, whom Bill Belichick is most likely to deal with on draft weekend. No surprise that Oakland leads the way, though I thought Philadelphia would have been much higher.
- Belichick’s rule proposal, that was passed, to extend the goal posts five feet on each side is causing issues for manufacturers. I can’t see this being an issue for very long.
- Who knew Snopp liked hockey?