Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– In a surprising move, the Patriots have re-signed safety Patrick Chung. Chung should provide some special teams depth (just no more fake punts!) and battle for a depth position, though he does carry some upside. He was solid for a stretch here in New England and if he can regain that form, this could be a bargain signing…or he could be cut in training camp at no cost.
– The Patriots have released their offseason camp schedule.
– Should the Patriots start to plan for life after Tom Brady? The fan in me refuses to acknowledge such a notion and will instead embrace and appreciate what he does and does for the team. The realist in me still thinks its too early for that, but that time is getting closer.
– This re-do of the 2008 NFL draft has the Patriots passing on Jerod Mayo at #10. Not sure I would pass on Mayo, who is a steady presence on defense, a leader, and always in the right position, much less for a running back.
– The Patriots hosted Notre Dame defensive lineman Stephon Tuitt yesterday. Tuitt has a body type that reminds me of Richard Seymour, very well suited for an odd man front. He could offer the Patriots some versatility in changing fronts during games, and quite honestly, any defensive line help is more than welcome at this point. Mike Reiss has a more detailed breakdown of the scouting report on Tuitt.
– Safet Devin McCourty is getting credit for helping bring defensive lineman Vince Wilfork back to the Patriots. Hopefully the Patriots reward him with a contract extension of his own.
– Don’t you ever change Gronk.