Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
– Eagles received DeSean Jackson, who has been linked to the Patriots, now believes he will remain with the Eagles.
– Coach Bill Belichick has been very vocal about the Patriot’s proposed rule changes during the NFL annual meetings. Hard to really argue with any of the changes the Patriots proposed, specifically the cameras and the goal post changes. Given the insane amount of detail put into challenges, why should the NFL skimp when it comes to getting important plays called correctly and avoid potentially controversial situations?
– The Patriots ran the workout for the UCF pro day yesterday. Not sure how much can be gleaned from this (I don’t think they’re targeting Black Bortles!), but it is interesting to note.
– Mike Reiss takes a closer look at potential cap relief from Aaron Hernandez. It seems like the Patriots should plan on not having that cap relief at all, given the length of time it may take to reach any sort of resolution. Another piece of the story that will just not go away.
– Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
– The prospect of defensive tackle Vince Wilfork remaining with the team next season now seems more plausible than before. Robert Kraft is putting on the press to have the big man stay in New England and man a very thin defensive front. I think the chances that Wilfork remains in New England are still 50-50, no matter how each side feels on a personal level towards eachother. The sides need to agree on financial terms, not something that easy to do in situations like this.
– Apparently Peyton Manning, when a free agent in 2012, didn’t want to take more money than Tom Brady. He did anyway, so in other words he fell apart at the end when it really mattered….again.
– Robert Kraft has released a statement on the passing of Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr. Condolences to his family.