Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots News and links from around the web
- A player the Patriots have been linked to, DeSean Jackson of the Eagles, may soon be on the open market. While Jackson would obviously offer a skillset unlike any currently on the roster, I still am not sure how feasible it would be for the Patriots to make a run at Jackson. He is coming off a career year and would be demanding a large salary. He could still end up in the AFC east though.
- With the NFL’s annual meeting taking place in Orlando this week, compensatory selections are set to be doled out. Given the free agent movement that occurred last year, the Patriots are projected to receive a compensatory selection in this May’s draft. Tom Brady was a compensatory selection.
- At least one person is grading the Patriots offseason as a success. You won’t really know how these signings will work out until the players get the pads on and are on the field, but it isn’t hard to be optimistic.
- Former Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount was set to visit the Steelers this past weekend, and has other interest around the league. Bringing Blount back would be a nice piece, but given the depth the Patriots already have, and the ability to find a running back later in the draft if needed, the price would have to be cheap for Blount.
- I hope Bill Belichick’s bracket is doing better than mine.