Hello, and welcome to another edition of ‘The Patriot Way’, your number one source to Patriots news and analysis from around the web.
Mike Reiss details the rule changes that will be discussed at the annual NFL meeting on Tuesday. Here are a few of the notable changes that Reiss lists.
- Move free kicks to the 40 yard line
- Add five fee to each side of the crossbar
- No more overtime in the preseason
- Move the line of scrimmage to the 25 yard line for extra points
- Put fixed camera on all boundary lines
- Allow more than one player to return from injured reserve during the season
Reiss also gives a quick analysis of newly signed Patriot Brandon LaFell, and how he might fit in Tom Brady’s receiving corps. Reiss notes that LaFell probably won’t be the top receiver in the Pats system, given that they have Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola, but he could be a solid “insurance” policy. He also mentions that LaFell could help on special teams.