Welcome to The Patriot Way – New England Patriots news and links from around the web.
- It seems that the Patriots have been dangling receiver Danny Amendola in potential trade discussions with other teams. This would seem to indicate that Amendola has no place in the Patriots long term plans and perhaps they have a bit of buyer’s remorse. Ideally, the move would free up enough room to sign Edelman or another receiver with a better health record, which has been the concern with Amendola throughout his career.
- Corner Alfonzo Dennard reported to a Lincoln Jail to serve his sentence for the charges dating back to before his combine. As had been noted when the sentence was announced, the timing will allow Dennard to not miss any significant time and he should be good to go for OTA’s and training camp.
- Patriots executive Jonathan Kraft feels that coach Bill Belichick’s use of analytics gives the organization an advantage. I suppose the level of advantage for the Patriots would be relative to the use of analytics by the other 31 teams in the league.
- Kraft continued to say that the Patriots did in fact want to keep receiver Wes Welker for at least 2013.
- With franchise tag designations due today and Edelman and corner Aqib Talib not yet signed, it might be a good idea to take a look at the franchise tag numbers for this year. I doubt that the tag would be used for either player as it would not only be extremely expensive but also not a good value, but the possibility remains it could happen.