Hello and welcome to The Patriots Way – New England Patriots News and information from around the web.
- The worst kept secret of the young offseason was finally confirmed yesterday with Michael Lombardi being named “an assistant to the coaching staff.” Not sure exactly what his role will be, but he is a strong voice that is not afraid to speak his opinion with coach Bill Belichick. For what it’s worth, he is at the combine with the coaches this week.
- Safety Devin McCourty offers his advice for all those players at the combine this week. Interesting to get a current player’s perspective on the meat market that is the combine, particularly how stressful and nerve wracking it can be.
- In a change of events, coach Belichick took to the podium on day one at the combine. Belichick was well prepared, as one would expect, and well versed in this years group of draft prospects, noting that all but one Tennessee offensive lineman was invited to the combine.
- Christopher Price has a look at the Patriots and the combine, noting different trends and what fans should be looking for this week and perhaps even what Belichick places importance on. As noted by McCourty, teams generally don’t tip their hand at the combine and any information gleaned should be taken with a grain of salt.
- Current Patriots are serving as model players for NFL hopefuls at the combine. You could pick worse players to model your game after, that’s for sure. Sometime even a little advice can be a great thing too.