According to pro32.ap.org, Roger Goodell, commissioner of the NFL, made $44.2 million in the 2013.
Yup, you read that right.
Goodell is the “head” of the NFL, but $44.2 million is crazy. To give you some perspective, the highest paid player in the league, is Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers, who makes roughly $22 million (via Sports Illustrated). Goodell making twice as much as the highest paid guy in the NFL? I don’t know about that.
Here is a list of the 10 highest paid players in the league:
1) Green Bay Packers‘ Aaron Rodgers-$22 million
2) Baltimore Ravens‘ Joe Flacco-$20.1 million
3) New Orleans Saints‘ Drew Brees-$20 million
4) Denver Broncos‘ Peyton Manning-$19.2 million
5) Detroit Lions‘ Calvin Johnson-$18.8 million
6) Dallas Cowboys‘ Tony Romo-$18 million
7) New York Giants‘ Eli Manning-$15.2 million
8) Buffalo Bills‘ Mario Williams-$16 million
9) Arizona Cardinals‘ Larry Fitzgerald-$14.1 million
10) New England Patriots’ Tom Brady-$14.1 million
I am not advocating that guys playing a game should get that much money, but if you disagree with them getting that much money, then I don’t think the general public would approve of Mr. Goodell getting $44.2 million.