Welcome to The Patriots Way, New England Patriots news, information and links from around the web.
– Retiring offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia sat down with the team’s media crew for an interview. Always interesting to hear about some of the behind the scenes stories, particularly from a coach who has been with the organization fro 30 years.
– From a salary cap perspective, the Patriots are middle of the pack in terms of cap space. They do have some dead money on their cap, which is broken down by position here. The Patriots have situated themselves nicely as they move forward, and can create even more cap room negotiating some contract extensions.
– Bleacher Report has a list of five Patriots players that will break out in 2014. The projected development of these players, along with the many second and third year players of the team will heavily influence the offseason plans of the Patriots when it comes to free agency and the draft.
– With regards to the draft, analyst Mel Kiper had a conference call recently, and ESPN’s Mike Reiss has channeled Kiper’s thoughts into a Patriots context. Interesting to note the possibility of players at positions of need could be pushed down with such an influx of underclassmen at receiver and offensive tackle.
– In news that will surprise nobody, Bill Belichick is better at football than he is at golf.
Tags: New England Patriots