Welcome to the Patriot Way, links and news for all things New England Patriots
- Former Patriots assistant coach Pepper Johnson had some interesting comments regarding being a player for Bill Belichick. I can only imagine how intimidating it must be walking into the building to play for the future hall of fame coach.
- While it always seemed like a perfect match, it looks like Larry Fitzgerald will not be coming to the Patriots any time soon. I’m not sure this was ever really a possibility, and the reported Patriots interest was likely the same as every team. Who wouldn’t want to add the all-pro receiver at the right price?
- The Patriots officially have the 29th pick in this years NFL draft. The pick has generated its fair share of hits and misses in the past, including the player taken with the same pick the Patriots traded last year.
- One of the speculated free agent targets for the Patriots may not be the best option in terms of free agency plans.
- WEEI breaks down the position group that I feel needs to be the primary focus during the offseason: the defensive line. Losing Wilfork had a trickle down effect, causing unproven and overmatched rookies to play bigger roles than they should have. Lack of a push defensively, on any down, cost the Patriots big. If you want to make the secondary look better than they are, get a decent pass rush. If you want Brady and the offense to have the ball more, and in better field position, stop the run and get off the field on third downs.
- Well that’s Gronk being Gronk.
- New England is reportedly in the mix for hosting a Super Bowl in as early as 2019. I’m not sure how well this would work here, logistically, but it would be awesome if the Patriots were to be in that game.
- Is this the year that the Patriots finally move Ryan Mallett?
Topics: New England Patriots