Well the NFL offseason is officially upon us after the Broncos ugly loss to the Seahawks last night in the Super Bowl, a Peyton Manning loss that will surely make many Patriots fans happy. While I think the Patriots would have given a better game than the Broncos did (most teams would, the Broncos looked that bad), it would have been quite an upset to beat the Seahawks when they played like that. Still, there are things that can be gained from watching how these two teams competed.
- The early Super Bowl odds for 2015 are up, and the Patriots have the 4th best odds to win the big game next year.
- Peyton Manning received 49 out of 50 votes for the MVP award. One vote for Manning was cast by Tom Curran, who had thought about voting for Tom Brady before Brady talked him out of it. The one person who did vote for Brady still has no reservations about his vote or the backlash that has come with it.
- Bill Belichick fared better than Brady did, though not as well as one may have thought in the coach of the year voting, taking third place with just seven votes.
- The Patriots have announced they will have variable pricing for their tickets in 2014. Good to know if you are purchasing single game tickets, less so if you are a season ticket holder.
- Over the weekend, former defensive coach Pepper Johnson joined the Bills coaching staff, likely as a defensive line coach. It is never good when a respected former coach (or any former coach for that matter) leaves and goes to a division rival. Still, wish Johnson the best 14 weeks of the year.
- Regarding spygate, former Patriot Heath Evans has some interesting inside views on the matter and Marshall Faulk’s opinions on the whole thing.