Hello and welcome to another edition of The Patriot Way, links and information for all things New England Patriots
- Three Patriots (Logan Mankins, Matthew Slater and Stephen Gostkowski) competed in the Pro Bowl on Sunday. The best part is that all three made it out of the game healthy, though it would’ve been fitting given what happened this year, if one had gotten hurt.
- With two members selected to the pro-bowl, the core of the special teams is in good hands for the Patriots. Much of this is subject to change given the free agent status of both Julian Edelman and LeGarrette Blount, though I expect at least one if not both to be back next year.
- Looking at the WR corps, it is quite clear that there either needs to be serious development or serious change. Edelman is a free agent and may have, unfortunately, priced himself out of town. Pure speculation, but I believe Danny Amendola could be cut if it means keeping Edelman.
- Personnel man Nick Caserio interviewed for the Miami Dolphins GM position, and apparently there was genuine interest on his part. Not hard to understand Caserio’s position in not taking the Dolphins job, but it makes you wonder if he will leave the organization sooner rather than later. Seems that there is a bit of a mass exodus from the organization this offseason, but perhaps there is reason for hope after all.
- In the least shocking news of the day, retiring offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia says that the post game rant by Seahawks corner Richard Sherman would not fly under Bill Belichick.
- Bleacher Report has the top three things that the Patriots must change on defense this offseason.
Tags: New England Patriots