Only five more days until Christmas day, but more importantly only two more days until the Patriots take on the Ravens in a hugely important game this weekend with massive playoff implications. The Patriots need to rebound from last week’s loss to maintain their lead for the second seed and first round bye in the playoffs.
- Patriots fans received some good news yesterday with word that tackle Nate Solder returned to practice for the first time this week. Having Solder available this week would be a huge boost to an already beat up offensive line and an offense that simply needs to score to keep up with its defense.
- Here is the full practice report for both teams. Looks like the Patriots will be down one of their wide receivers. Clearly neither team is fully healthy, no team is in week 15.
- Field Yates highlights some connections between the Patriots and the Ravens. Not as many as with other franchises, but there are some notable links and connections there, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.
- CBS Sports has their preview of the game this weekend here, complete with statistical breakdown, storylines and their predictions. The predictions surprised me, thought it would lean all the way towards Baltimore. In staying with the predictions theme, the Baltimore Sun lays out their picks here. Don Banks of SI.com posts his picks here.
- Over at Bleacher Report, Sterling Xie outlines what we can expect from the Patriots offense moving forward in 2013. It will be interesting to see what the offense looks like when rookie receivers Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins return from injury. Both were starting to show real signs of growth before going down.
- At SI.com, each divisions leader is analyzed and the two biggest questions surrounding each team is are raised. Stunningly, neither question for the Patriots is about the defense.
Tags: New England Patriots