As anticipation for Sunday night’s Brady vs. Manning XIV game when the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos clash in Foxboro, fans can reminisce on previous Brady vs. Manning match-ups. Almost each time they’ve faced each other it’s been a shootout, and you have to go back to 2005 to find a game where one team got blown out while both future hall-of-famers played. Manning got his first win in Gillette on Nov. 7th, 40-21, during his seventh season in the league.
Let’s take a look at some more facts behind arguably the greatest QB rivalry of all time:
- Brady is 9-4 against Manning
- The last time Brady lost to Manning was 2009 in the infamous “Fourth and Two” game
- Brady’s first start after taking over for Drew Bledsoe was actually against Manning’s Colts in Foxboro. The Patriots stunned the Colts and smacked them 44-13.
- In this game, Brady went 13/23, for 168 yards and a passer rating of 79.6. Overall, not impressive numbers that would indicate a future hall-of-famer.
- Head-to-Head stats:
- Manning: 325/521, 3,821 yards, 27 TD’s, 19 INT’s
- Brady: 276/412, 3,059 yards, 23 TD’s, 12 INT’s
- Manning’s passer rating against Brady: 86.7
- Brady’s passer rating against Manning: 95.3
- When playing in Foxboro, Manning has an even 21 TD’s and 21 INT’s and only 2 wins
- 5 different players have caught passes from both Brady and Peyton: Wes Welker, Austin Collie, Torrance Small, Jermaine Wiggins, and Dan Klecko
Regardless of the outcome of Sunday’s match-up, we all need to enjoy these games while they last. We are witnessing the clash of two quarterbacks that can be argued as #1 and #2 all-time after they retire; what could be better?